In the recent past a term keeps popping up in my life (either that or I never paid attention before). The term is “faux bois”. Seen in the September issue of Living and on Apartment Therapy, I decided to look up what it means.

Wikipedia: Faux Bois (from the French for false wood) refers to the artistic imitation of wood or wood grains in various media.

There you have it. Simple, easy and re-emerging as a texture for your home. Personally I am still on the fence about this techique, but the table Martha Stewart had made for her at the link above is pretty sweet.

Some additional examples are at the link below

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: